APIs are the programmatic way to "talk to Erply", and let you:
- Fetch the data you see in Erply back office — eg. the list of products or customers.
- Or, add and modify data — eg. create a new sales order.
- Or, issue commands — eg. subtract reward points from customer's balance.
- Or, make queries — eg. ask the current effective price, including discounts and promotions, for a particular product in a particular store and for a specific customer.
APIs and Endpoints
If you are new to Erply API development, then most likely what you need is "Erply API". It is an all-around, general-purpose API that supports Erply's standard features.
Most of this website focuses on Erply API: you can start with usage instructions and the list of available calls.
We are also continuously introducing new purpose-built REST APIs — each one for a particular area of functionality. These APIs expose data in a more approachable format and have additional features:
The APIs consume and produce JSON.
For initial authentication, use a username and password. This will give you a session key to use with subsequent requests.
A common need is to synchronize data from Erply to another system.
Here is a high-level overview how to build a web shop integration.
Erply supports push notifications via web hooks, but note that the information returned via web hooks might be limited.
What Our Customers Have Built
- Complex e-Commerce solutions. Product listings, advanced search, related media (images, user guides, manuals, drivers and software). Ordering and billing. Customer login, lists of previous orders and their statuses, customized price lists.
- Point-of-sale applications. Product quicklists, special pricelists, receipt printing, PDF invoice by e-mail.
- Inventory management. Stocktaking over multiple warehouses, using portable barcode readers / data collecting devices.
- Customer feedback. Ask customer feedback about a product or service. Customer can push a button on the shop counter to express satisfaction with the service.
- Sales and product promotion. Online real-time sales reports; use LCD screens to promote new products and special offers.
- Reporting and analysis. Display daily sales figures or comparison between salespersons at the office on LCD screen. Get online information from all sales locations.
- Integration with e-commerce platforms like Magento, Joomla, PrestaShop, Shopify etc.